Adult Health Nursing 8th Edition – The basics you need to succeed! Covering basic anatomy & physiology and medical-surgical nursing for the LPN/LVN, Adult Health Nursing, 8th Edition provides just the right amount of information you need ― with a level of detail that is neither overwhelming nor too superficial. Guidelines for patient care are presented within the framework of the nursing process; Nursing Care Plans are described within a case-study format to help you develop skills in clinical decision-making.New to this edition, an updated art program replaces line art to provide a realistic view of procedures and skills. In addition, enhanced holistic health care options, and updated health promotion topics, provide an updated view of current practice. This easy-to-understand text is best when used with Foundations of Nursing, 8th Edition, to give you complete coverage of all the content needed in an LPN/LVN curriculum!
- Tenth grade reading level helps students understand complex topics.
- Skills are presented in a step-by-step format with clearly defined nursing actions and rationales.
- Clear coverage of essential A&P is provided by an Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology chapter along with an overview of A&P in all body systems chapters.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
2. Care of the Surgical Patient
3. Care of the Patient with an Integumentary Disorder
4. Care of the Patient with a Musculoskeletal Disorder
5. Care of the Patient with a Gastrointestinal Disorder
6. Care of the Patient with a Gallbladder, Liver, Biliary Tract, or Exocrine Pancreatic Disorder
7. Care of the Patient with a Blood or Lymphatic Disorder
8. Care of the Patient with a Cardiovascular or a Peripheral Vascular Disorder
9. Care of the Patient with a Respiratory Disorder
10. Care of the Patient with a Urinary Disorder
11. Care of the Patient with an Endocrine Disorder
12. Care of the Patient with a Reproductive Disorder
13. Care of the Patient with a Visual or Auditory Disorder
14. Care of the Patient with a Neurological Disorder
15. Care of the Patient with an Immune Disorder
16. Care of the Patient with HIV/AIDS
17. Care of the Patient with Cancer