Essentials of Maternity, Newborn, and Women’s Health Nursing 4th Edition – This updated 4th Edition of Susan Ricci’s practical text provides students with the essential information they need to care for women and their families, and also to assist them in making the right choices safely, intelligently, and with confidence. With integrated case studies and nursing procedures throughout, the text takes a nursing process approach, builds on previously mastered content, and includes much that is new, including increased coverage of the cultural and global aspects of maternity and women’s health care.
- Revised Unfolding Case Studies in every chapter, now paired with patient photos, give students an opportunity to apply concepts to real-life scenarios.
- Up-to-date Nursing Procedures provide clear, step-by-step explanations, along with illustrations of variations in nursing care, to help students master vital skills.
- New Bringing It All Together Case Studies begin in the end-of-chapter worksheets and unfold online, providing extended opportunities for students to connect learning to practice.
- New! Concept Mastery Alerts improve students’ understanding of potentially confusing topics as identified by Lippincott’s Adaptive Learning Powered by PrepU.
- Updated Teaching Guidelines, now with rationales, prepare students to educate families.
- Additional evidence-based research findings promote evidence-based maternity nursing practice and interventions.
- More than 700 NCLEX-Style Review Questions help students review important concepts and prepare for the NCLEX-RN.
This leading content is also incorporated into Lippincott CoursePoint+ , a dynamic learning solution that integrates this book’s curriculum, adaptive learning tools, virtual simulations, real-time data reporting, and the latest evidence-based practice content together into one powerful student learning solution. Lippincott CoursePoint+ improves the nursing students’ critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills to prepare them for practice. Learn more at www.NursingEducationSuccess.com/CoursePoint.
Table of Contents
Unit 1: INTRODUCTION TO MATERNITY, NEWBORN, AND WOMEN’S HEALTH NURSING
Chapter 1: Perspectives on Maternal, Newborn, and Women’s Health Nursing Chapter 2: Family Centered, Community-Based Care
Unit 2: WOMEN’S HEALTH THROUGHOUT THE LIFESPAN
Chapter 3: Anatomy and Physiology of the Reproductive System Chapter 4: Common Reproductive Issues Chapter 5: Sexually Transmitted Infections Chapter 6: Disorders of the Breasts Chapter 7: Benign Disorders of the Female Reproductive Tract Chapter 8: Cancers of the Female Reproductive Tract Chapter 9: Violence and Abuse
Unit 3: PREGNANCY
Chapter 10: Fetal Development and Genetics Chapter 11: Maternal Adaptations during Pregnancy Chapter 12: Nursing Care during Pregnancy
Unit 4: LABOR AND BIRTH
Chapter 13: Labor and Birth Chapter 14: Nursing Care during Labor and Birth
Unit 5: THE POSTPARTUM PERIOD
Chapter 15: Maternal Adaptation during the Postpartum Period Chapter 16: Nursing Care during the Postpartum Period
Unit 6: THE NEWBORN
Chapter 17: Newborn Adaptation Chapter 18: Nursing Care of the Newborn
Unit 7: CHILDBEARING AT RISK
Chapter 19: Nursing Care of Pregnancy at Risk: Pregnancy-Related Complications Chapter 20: Nursing Care of Pregnancy at Risk: Pre-existing Conditions Chapter 21: Nursing Care of Labor and Birth at Risk Chapter 22: Nursing Care of the Postpartum Woman at Risk
Unit 8: THE NEWBORN AT RISK
Chapter 23: Nursing Care of the Newborn with Special Needs Chapter 24: Nursing Care of the Newborn at Risk: Acquired and Congenital Conditions