Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical 8th Edition: Awarded second place in the 2018 AJN Book of the Year Awards in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing category. User-friendly by design, it simplifies the often-intimidating subject of psychiatric-mental health nursing with a practical, clinical perspective. This edition was revised in conjunction with a readability expert to support clarity and ease of understanding. Chapters follow the nursing process framework and progress from theory to application, preparing your students for clinical practice with real-world examples. New to this edition are full-page illustrated explanations about the neurobiology of disorders and associated medications, criteria from the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5) for major disorders, completely revised Evidence-Based Practice boxes, and a fully rewritten chapter on Dying, Death, and Grieving to provide students with essential information about difficult topics.
- Mentor-like writing style reinforces important information and helps in applying textbook content to the clinical setting.
- Coverage of key topics and emerging nursing trends keep you current with best practices in the field.
- Considering Culture boxes discuss the importance of person-centered care in providing competent care to diverse populations in various clinical situations.
- Vignettes with vivid mini-stories prepare you for real-world practice with personal, descriptive characterizations of patients with specific psychiatric disorders.
- Health Policy Boxes introduce the role you can play in advocating for patients and the profession.
Table of Contents
UNIT I: FOUNDATIONS IN THEORY
1. Mental Health and Mental Illness
2. Theories and Therapies
3. Psychobiology and Psychopharmacology
UNIT II: FOUNDATIONS FOR PRACTICE
4. Treatment Settings
5. Cultural Implications
6. Legal and Ethical Considerations
UNIT III: PSYCHOSOCIAL NURSING TOOLS
7. The Nursing Process and Standards of Care
8. Therapeutic Relationships
9. Therapeutic Communication
10. Stress Responses and Stress Management
UNIT IV: PSYCHOBIOLOGICAL DISORDERS
11. Childhood and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
12. Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders
13. Bipolar and Related Disorders
14. Depressive Disorders
15. Anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
16 Trauma, Stressor-Related, and Dissociative Disorders
17. Somatic Symptom Disorders
18. Eating and Feeding Disorders
19. Sleep-Wake Disorders
20. Sexual Dysfunction, Gender Dysphoria, and Paraphilias
21. Impulse Control Disorders
22. Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
23. Neurocognitive Disorders
24. Personality Disorders
UNIT V: TRAUMA INTERVENTIONS
25. Suicide and Nonsuicidal Self-Injury
26. Crisis and Disaster
27. Anger, Aggression, and Violence
28. Child, Older Adult, and Intimate Partner Violence
29. Sexual Assault
UNIT VI: INTERVENTIONS FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS
30. Dying, Death, and Grieving
31. Older Adults
32. Serious Mental Illness
33. Forensic Nursing
UNIT VII: OTHER INTERVENTION MODALITIES
34. Therapeutic Groups
35. Family Interventions
36. Integrative Care
his is the edition I was looking for the test banks for. Thanks
The PDF quality is good and all the chapter are here too.
Legit website. Great seller thank you