Fundamental Nursing Skills and Concepts , 11th Edition, continues the tradition of excellent coverage of basic nursing theory and clinical skills that have long made this text a leading resource for LPN/LVN students at the start of their studies. Students using this text will learn theoretical nursing concepts, step-by-step skills and procedures, and clinical applications, all while applying philosophical concepts focusing on the human experience such as caring as the essence of nursing, supportive health care provider networks, and accountability for actions and clinical decisions.
Filled with engaging learning tools that promote critical thinking, this new edition has been fully updated to reflect current medical and nursing practice with visually enticing photos and illustrations that bring the information to life and reinforce learning.
Highlights of the 11th Edition include:
- Coverage of new educational trends such as QSEN competencies and the SBAR technique for standardized communication.
- Updated NANDA diagnoses and definitions in Nursing Implications and Nursing Care Plans reflect the latest NANDA-I publication, Nursing Diagnoses 2015-2017 .
- A continuing focus on the Nursing Process that covers concepts and paradigms in Chapter 2 with each skill chapter including the most recent applicable Nursing Diagnoses.
- Nursing Care Plans that help students identify with “real people” and their individualized care.
- Skills clustered at the end of each chapter that comply with Standard Precautions and infection control guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.