Leadership Roles and Management Functions in Nursing: Theory and Application, 10th Ed. Test Bank:
Leadership Roles and Management Functions in Nursing: Theory and Application, 10th Edition, combines the latest evidence-based content and a proven experiential approach to prepare students for success as they advance to join the professional nursing workforce.
Robust coverage and hundreds of active learning exercises help students overcome the temporary disadvantage of a lack of real-world leadership experience and meet the demands of today’s challenging, ever-changing healthcare system. From managing conflict and working collaboratively to organizing patient care and staffing, students vicariously experience the responsibilities of mid- and top-level nursing managers and hone their critical-thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills before entering high-stakes clinical settings.
This landmark 10th Edition reflects the most current practices and clinical priorities in nursing leadership and management, including updated coverage of quality and safety, the influence and use of technology, workplace violence, change management and more. An array of accompanying student and instructor resources helps you make the most of your course and ensure students’ success throughout their nursing education.
- Updated content equips students with the latest clinical practices and perspectives in quality and safety, the influence and use of technology, healthy workplaces, workplace violence/incivility, quality measurement/benchmarking, healthcare reform/reimbursement, change management, interprofessional teams and more.
- New evidence-based case studies prepare students to confidently address the growing opioid crisis.
- More than 280 learning exercises challenge students to apply concepts to a range of practice situations and healthcare settings.
- Examining the Evidence features in each chapter familiarize students with new research findings, evidence-based practice and best practices in leadership and management.
- Break-Out Comments reinforce key ideas at a glance.
- Content Crosswalks tie chapter content to the latest AACN, AONL, QSEN and ANA standards and competencies to clarify and emphasize clinical relevance.
- A detailed instructor’s manual on thePoint helps you make the most of the active learning exercises in your classroom.
Table of Contents
Unit I : The Critical Triad: Decision Making, Management, and Leadership
Chapter 1: Decision Making, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, and Clinical Reasoning: Requisites for Successful Leadership and Management
Chapter 2: Classical Views of Leadership and Management
Chapter 3: Twenty-First-Century Thinking About Leadership and Management
Unit II: Foundation for Effective Leadership and Management: Ethics, Law, and Advocacy
Chapter 4: Ethical Issues
Chapter 5: Legal and Legislative Issues
Chapter 6: Patient, Subordinate, Workplace, and Professional Advocacy
Unit III: Roles and Functions in Planning
Chapter 7: Organization Planning
Chapter 8: Planned Change
Chapter 9: Time Management
Chapter 10: Fiscal Planning and Health-Care Reimbursement
Chapter 11: Career Planning and Development in Nursing
Unit IV: Roles and Functions in Organizing
Chapter 12: Organization Structure
Chapter 13: Organization, Political, and Personal Power
Chapter 14: Organizing Patient Care
Unit V: Roles and Functions in Staffing
Chapter 15: Employee Recruitment, Selection, Placement, and Indoctrination
Chapter 16: Educating and Socializing Staff in a Learning Organization
Chapter 17: Staffing Needs and Scheduling Policies
Unit VI: Roles and Functions in Directing
Chapter 18: Creating a Motivating Climate
Chapter 19: Organization, Interpersonal, and Group Communication in Team Building
Chapter 20: Delegation
Chapter 21: Conflict, Workplace Violence, and Negotiations
Chapter 22: Collective Bargaining, Unionization, and Employment Laws
Unit VII: Roles and Functions in Controlling
Chapter 23: Quality Control in Creating a Culture of Patient Safety
Chapter 24: Performance Appraisal
Chapter 25: Problem Employees: Rule Breakers, Marginal Employees, and the Chemically or Psychologically Impaired
Appendix Solutions to Selected Learning Exercises
Five stars definitely from me
This site is legit. Downloaded the file n got it on my email too