Multicultural Health 2nd Edition by Lois A. Ritter:
Written and composed by Lois A. Ritter. Fully updated and expanded, the Second Edition of Multicultural Health serves as a comprehensive guide for healthcare workers in any cultural community. Focusing on differences in cultural beliefs about health and illness, and models for cross-cultural health and communication, this text helps students and professionals learn effective ways to implement health promotion programs and program evaluation across cultures.
- NEW! – Full color design and art program
- NEW! – A Student Activity added to each chapter to challenge student comprehension.
- NEW! – Two new Feature Boxes Added to each chapter titled, What do you think? and Did you Know?, to engage readers and enhance critical thinking.
- NEW! – Chapter 3, Worldview and Health Decisions provides information about the ways that worldview and communication impacts health, the provision of health services, health care decisions, and communication
- Expanded! – Reiki has been added to Chapter 4,Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Chiropractic care, homeopathy, hypnosis and hydrotherapy, while important treatment modalities, were removed to keep the chapter focused on culturally-based CAM modalities.
- Expanded! – In Chapter 5, Religion, Rituals, and Health, a section was added about clinical implications of the relationship between religion, spirituality, and health.
- Expanded! – In Chapter 6, Communication and Health Promotion in Diverse Societies, tips for communicating with people with limited English proficiency have been added.
- Expanded! – Chapters 7 through 12 have new sections on worldviews, pregnancy, mental health, and death and dying as they relate to the cultural group discussed in that chapter.
- Expanded! – Chapter 12, Additional Cultures, has been expanded to include people with disabilities, immigrants and refugees, and the culture of commerce.
- Expanded! – Chapter 13, Closing the Gap: Strategies for Eliminating Health Disparities, includes information about the Health and Human Services Action Plan to reduce racial and ethnic health disparities and the National Stakeholder Strategy for Achieving Health Equality.
- Revised! – Laws and Ethics material is now integrated throughout where appropriate.
- Revised! – The model programs have been removed from chapters 7 through 12 and an activity has been added for learners to conduct research and identify a model program
I downloaded the file instantly. This is the PDF version of the book which I needed for my HED course. Thank you for the service.
Great costumer service! Entered the wrong email but they were able to send me the download link. Problem solved! thank you!
Recommend this seller! Thank you
I bought this eBook and I would give a recommendation for other to order this one. I just wished the discount code worked for me but it’s fine.
Five stars. Gracias