Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States 10th Edition Test Bank:
Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States (published by LWW Company) continues a legacy of excellence by providing comprehensive, nursing-focused coverage designed to help grasp both the physical and psychological aspects of altered health. The book’s unique emphasis on “concepts” of altered health states, as opposed to factual descriptions of diseases and disorders, helps students grasp both the physical and psychological aspects of altered health.
Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States
Tommie L. Norris, DNS, RN
Meet today’s clinical challenges with the trusted authority in pathophysiology
Make the most of your pathophysiology course and master the knowledge to ensure clinical success. Trusted for more than 30 years and updated to reflect today’s nursing challenges, this engaging text makes complex concepts accessible and helps you easily and confidently grasp normal body function, the effects of disease on body systems, and the body’s ability to compensate and adapt. This edition also considers the many technological advances that allow healthcare providers to diagnose earlier and with more accuracy.
Highlights of the Tenth Edition
- Approachable presentation builds understanding from basic to advanced concepts and defines key terms as you progress.
- “Chunked” content keeps you focused on the most critical information and helps you review salient points efficiently.
- Unit-Opening Case Studies , which are revisited in one or more chapters in the unit, bring pathophysiology to life and equip you for success in clinical practice.
- Approximately 1,000 vibrant illustrations clarify the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes.
- Understanding boxes break physiologic processes and phenomena into their sequential parts, providing insight into the many opportunities for disease to disrupt the processes.
- Key Points boxes and In Summary sections reduce the need for memorization and help you incorporate important points into broader conceptual units.
- New! Pediatric Considerations and Geriatric Considerations boxes in each chapter specify how the chapter content applies to these two special populations.
- New! Concept Mastery Alerts explain topics that students can find confusing.
- Review Exercises at the end of each chapter test your retention and identify areas for further study.
- References provide fast, efficient access to normal laboratory values in both conventional and SI units, as well as a comprehensive glossary.
- Narrated animations referenced by icons in the text and available online enhance your understanding of the most challenging and clinically relevant concepts.
Table of Contents
- Unit I- Concepts of Health and Disease
- Ch 1- Concepts of Health and Disease
Unit II- Cell Function and Growth
- Ch 2- Cell and Tissue Characteristics
- Ch 3- Cellular Adaptation, Injury, and Death
- Ch 4- Genetic Control of Cell Function and Inheritance
- Ch 5- Genetic and Congenital Disorders
- Ch 6- Neoplasia
Unit III- Disorders of Integrative Function
- Ch 7- Stress and Adaptation
- Ch 8- Disorders of Fluid and Electrolyte, and Acid Base Balance
Unit IV- Infection, Inflammation, and Immunity
- Ch 9- Inflammation, Tissue Repair, and Wound Healing
- Ch 10- Mechanisms of Infectious Disease
- Ch 11- Innate and Adaptive Immunity
- Ch 12- Disorders of the Immune Response
Unit V- Disorders of Neural Function
- Ch 13- Organization and Control of Neural Function
- Ch 14- Somatosensory Function, Pain, and Temperature
- Ch 15- Disorders of Motor Function
- Ch 16- Disorders of Brain Function
- Ch 17-Sleep and sleep disturbances
- Ch 18- Disorders of Thought, Emotion, and Memory
Unit VI- Disorders of Special Sensory Function
- Ch 19- Disorders of Visual Function
- Ch 20- Disorders of Hearing and Vestibular Function
Unit VII- Disorders of the Hematopoietic System
- Ch 21- Blood Cells and the Hematopoietic System
- Ch 22- Disorders of Hemostasis
- Ch 23- Disorders of Red Blood Cells
- Ch 24- Disorders of White Blood Cells and Lymphoid Tissues
Unit VIII- Disorders of Cardiovascular Function
- Ch 25- Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular System
- Ch 26- Disorders of Blood Flow
- Ch 27- Disorders of Cardiac Function
- Ch 28 Disorders of Cardiac Conduction and Rhythm
- Unit IX- Disorders of Respiratory Function
- Ch 29- Structure and Function of the Respiratory System
- Ch 30- Respiratory Tract Infections and Neoplasms
- Ch 31- Disorders of Ventilation and Gas Exchange
- Ch 32- Structure and Function of the Kidney
- Ch 33- Disorders of Renal Function
- Ch 34- Acute Kidney Injury and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Ch 35- Disorders of the Bladder and Lower Urinary Tract
- Ch 36- Structure and Function of the Gastrointestinal System
- Ch 37- Disorders of Gastrointestinal Function
- Ch 38- Disorders of Hepatobiliary and Pancreas Function
- Ch 39- Alterations in Nutritional Status
- Ch 40- Mechanisms of Endocrine Control
- Ch 41-Disorders of Endocrine Control
- Ch 42- Structure and Function of the Male Reproductive System
- Ch 43- Disorders of the Male Reproductive System
- Ch 44- Structure and Function of the Female Reproductive System
- Ch 45- Disorders of the Female Reproductive System
- Ch 46- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Ch 47- Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System
- Ch 48- Disorders of Musculoskeletal Function: Trauma, Infection, Neoplasms
- Ch 49- Disorders of Musculoskeletal Function: Developmental and Metabolism Disorders
- Ch 50- Disorders of Musculoskeletal Function: Rheumatic Disorders
- Ch 51- Structure and Function of the Skin
- Ch 52- Disorders of Skin Integrity and Function
I’m a happy customer
I recommend this website.