Focus on Nursing Pharmacology 8th Edition:
Test Bank Focus on Nursing Pharmacology 8th Edition – was publicized and composed by LWW. Current, concise, and optimized for today’s nursing practice, Focus on Nursing Pharmacology makes challenging concepts more approachable to establish a foundation for effective drug therapy throughout your nursing career. This updated 8th edition builds on your knowledge of physiology, chemistry and nursing fundamentals to help you conceptualize need-to-know information about each group of drugs, while engaging learning features cultivate your clinical application, critical thinking and patient education capabilities.
- New! Concept Mastery Alerts alert you to commonly misunderstood concepts.
- New! Unfolding case-based vignettes written by the National League for Nursing bring concepts to life through realistic clinical scenarios.
- Concise, streamlined approach emphasizes need-to-know information for efficient learning.
- Nursing Processes clarify the process for planning patient-centered care.
- Critical Thinking Scenarios guide you through the collection and application of data for commonly encountered clinical interactions.
- Nursing Considerations sections detail the rationale behind each nursing intervention to enhance your clinical decision-making capabilities.
- Drug Lists at the beginning of each chapter enable fast identification of prototype drugs for each class.
- Drugs in Focus tables provide at-a-glance reference for generic and trade names, usual dosage and indications for each drug within a class.
- Focus on Safe Medication Administration boxes help you ensure patient safety and increase the therapeutic effectiveness of drugs.
- Focus on the Evidence boxes identify the best nursing practices associated with specific drugs based on available evidence.
- Focus on Herbal and Alternative Therapies alert you to known interactions with specific herbs or alternative therapies that could affect drug actions.
- Focus on Calculations refine your calculation and measurement skills.
- Focus on Drug Therapy Across the Lifespan boxes provide quick access to drug class considerations for use with children, adults and the elderly.
- Focus on Gender Considerations and Focus on Cultural Considerations help you ensure effective, culturally sensitive drug therapy across diverse populations.
- Check Your Understanding sections equip you for your exams with NCLEX®-style review questions, including alternate-format questions.
- Watch and Learn videos available on thePoint® help you avoid medication errors in practice.
Table of Contents
Chapter 01 – Introduction to Drugs
Chapter 02 – Drugs and the Body
Chapter 03 – Toxic Effects of Drugs
Chapter 04 – The Nursing Process in Drug Therapy and Patient Safety
Chapter 05 – Dosage Calculations
Chapter 06 – Challenges to Effective Drug Therapy
Chapter 07 – Introduction to Cell Physiology
Chapter 08 – Antiinfective Agents
Chapter 09 – Antibiotics
Chapter 10 – Antiviral Agents
Chapter 11 – Antifungal Agents
Chapter 12 – Antiprotozoal Agents
Chapter 13 – Anthelmintic Agents
Chapter 14 – Antineoplastic Agents
Chapter 15 – Introduction to the Immune Response and Inflammation
Chapter 16 – Antiinflammatory, Antiarthritis, and Related Agents
Chapter 17 – Immune Modulators
Chapter 18 – Vaccines and Sera
Chapter 19 – Introduction to Nerves and the Nervous System
Chapter 20 – Anxiolytic and Hypnotic Agents
Chapter 21 – Antidepressant Agents
Chapter 22 – Psychotherapeutic Agents
Chapter 23 – Antiseizure Agents
Chapter 24 – Antiparkinsonism Agents
Chapter 25 – Muscle Relaxants
Chapter 26 – Narcotics, Narcotic Antagonists, and Antimigraine Agents
Chapter 27 – General and Local Anesthetic Agents
Chapter 28 – Neuromuscular Junction Blocking Agents
Chapter 29 – Introduction to the Autonomic Nervous System
Chapter 30 – Adrenergic Agonists
Chapter 31 – Adrenergic Antagonists
Chapter 32 – Cholinergic Agonists
Chapter 33 – Anticholinergic Agents
Chapter 34 – Introduction to the Endocrine System
Chapter 35 – Hypothalamic and Pituitary Agents
Chapter 36 – Adrenocortical Agents
Chapter 37 – Thyroid and Parathyroid Agents
Chapter 38 – Agents to Control Blood Glucose Levels
Chapter 39 – Introduction to the Reproductive System
Chapter 40 – Drugs Affecting the Female Reproductive System
Chapter 41 – Drugs Affecting the Male Reproductive System
Chapter 42 – Introduction to the Cardiovascular System
Chapter 43 – Drugs Affecting Blood Pressure
Chapter 44 – Agents for Treating Heart Failure
Chapter 45 – Antiarrhythmic Agents
Chapter 46 – Antianginal Agents
Chapter 47 – Lipid-Lowering Agents
Chapter 48 – Drugs Affecting Blood Coagulation
Chapter 49 – Drugs Used to Treat Anemias
Chapter 50 – Introduction to the Renal System
Test Bank – Focus on Nursing Pharmacology (8th Edition by Karch) 2
Chapter 51 – Diuretic Agents
Chapter 52 – Drugs Affecting the Urinary Tract and the Bladder
Chapter 53 – Introduction to the Respiratory System
Chapter 54 – Drugs Acting on the Upper Respiratory Tract
Chapter 55 – Drugs Acting on the Lower Respiratory Tract
Chapter 56 – Introduction to the Gastrointestinal System
Chapter 57 – Drugs Affecting Gastrointestinal Secretions
Chapter 58 – Drugs Affecting Gastrointestinal Motility
Chapter 59 – Antiemetic Agents
Got it! Comes in handy for my nurse class.
The download was instant and emailed to me as well. Great for nurse students
The sample really helped to identify if this what I needed. I think I’ll get a good grade this semester.
Great service. Fast payment processing.
The customer service is great. Fast reponse
Had to purchase this for my class. Nice.