The Best-Selling Resource in Psychiatry Noe Updated with DSM-5
Produced and publicized by LWW corporation. Kaplan and Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry, 11th edition, provides a comprehensive overview of the entire field of psychiatry for clinicians, residents, students, and those who offer mental health care.
The reader will discover a complete examination of both behavioral sciences and clinical psychiatry in this best-selling psychiatry textbook for over 40 years. The 11th edition incorporates all of the DSM-5 criteria and gives a complete and thorough assessment of treatment options for every recognized mental condition.
The 11th edition is unlike any other book you’ve ever seen, and it includes:
- DSM-5 diagnostic tables on every major psychiatric disorder.
- A psychopharmacology section organized according to mechanisms of action and updated to include all of the New drugs including those in preparation.
- Extensive use of case studies and illustrations to enhance the learning experience.
- The most current treatment methods including a description of all Newly introduced psychotherapeutic techniques.
- A completely revised section on neurocognitive disorders organized along the DSM-5 model.
- An updated and expanded section on child psychiatry; now includes a guide to diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorder and other disorders of childhood.
- A fully searchable eBook, bundled with the print.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s reference list includes this publication.
For psychiatrists in the United States and around the world, The Synopsis of Psychiatry has been the most authoritative clinical psychiatric resource. It has a reputation for being an unbiased, accurate, trustworthy, and objective collection of new psychiatric events. The tradition continues in the 11th edition, both in print and digital formats—from authority you can trust.
Enjoy the integrated interactive eBook edition with the print edition, which provides tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Neural Sciences
Chapter 2: Contributions
Chapter 3: Contributions
Chapter 4: Theories
Chapter 5: Examination and
Chapter 6: Classification in Psychiatry
Chapter 7: Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
Chapter 8: Mood Disorders
Chapter 9: Anxiety Disorders
Chapter 10: Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
Chapter 11: Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders
Chapter 12: Dissociative Disorders
Chapter 13: Psychosomatic Medicine
Chapter 14: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
Chapter 15: Feeding and Eating Disorders
Chapter 16: Normal Sleep and Sleep-Wake Disorders
Chapter 18: Gender Dysphoria
Chapter 19: Disruptive, Impulse Control, and Conduct Disorders
Chapter 20: Substance Use and Addictive Disorders
Chapter 21: Neurocognitive Disorders
Chapter 22: Personality Disorders
Chapter 23: Emergency Psychiatric Medicine
Chapter 24: Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Psychiatry
Chapter 25: Other Conditions that May be a Focus of Clinical Attention
Chapter 26: Physical and Sexual Abuse of Adults
Chapter 27: Psychiatry and Reproductive Medicine
Chapter 28: Psychotherapies
Chapter 29: Psychopharmacological Treatment
Chapter 32: Adulthood
Chapter 33: Geriatric Psychiatry
Chapter 34: End of Life Issues
Chapter 35: Public Psychiatry
Chapter 36: Forensic Psychiatry and Ethics in Psychiatry
Chapter 37: World Aspects of Psychiatry